With airports limiting the volume of liquids we can pack and what items we are allowed to to take on an airplane, it can be stressful and difficult to get packed and ready to travel.
We’ve taken a look at all travel restrictions and how you can make your life easier with Travel Minis’ products to bypass many of these restrictions.
Stringent security measures are in place at all UK airports, so being prepared for your journey ahead of the day can make things a lot less stressful.
What Counts As A Liquid?
- all drinks, including water
- liquid or semi-liquid foods, for example soup, jam, honey and syrups
- cosmetics and toiletries, including creams, lotions, oils, perfumes, mascara and lip gloss
- sprays, including shaving foam, hairspray and spray deodorants
- pastes, including toothpaste
- gels, including hair and shower gel
- contact lens solution
- any other solutions and items of similar consistency
As liquid restrictions are placed on hand luggage liquids, it’s recommended you pack liquids in your hold baggage. However, this isn’t always possible, especially with the popularity of cheap flights and airlines like Ryanair and EasyJet, it’s often more affordable to travel without checking in any hold luggage.
What Are The Limits On Liquids In Hand Luggage?
If you do take liquids in your hand luggage:
- containers must hold no more than 100ml
- containers must be in a single, transparent, resealable plastic bag, which holds no more than a litre and measures approximately 20cm x 20cm
- contents must fit comfortably inside the bag so it can be sealed
- the bag must not be knotted or tied at the top
- you’re limited to 1 plastic bag per person
- you must show the bag at the airport security point
Are There Any Exemptions?
There are exemptions to liquid restrictions meaning you can take containers larger than 100ml through security at a UK airport. This includes if they:
- are for essential medical purposes
- are for special dietary requirements
- contain baby food or baby milk
How Can I Travel With My Essential Liquids?
If you are concerned that you won’t be able to take your essential liquids on holiday, for a weekend away, or on a business trip, you can turn to Travel Minis.
Travel Minis provide your favourite products and essentials like shampoo, conditioner, hand gel, moisterisers, etc. all in handy, compact, travel-sized minis!
All of our products allow you to pass through airport security in the UK without any issue. You won’t have to ditch your essentials at security if you forget to decant them into 100ml bottles as Travel Minis does the hard work for you.
Check out our travel-sized essential products and useful luggage hack items to keep your journey lighter.